Whether it’s been damaged over time or you just want something new, you’ve decided it’s time to get an awning replacement. This may seem intimidating if you’ve never done it before but don’t be discouraged! Below are some helpful steps on how to replace an RV awning that will help make the process both quick and easy allowing you to get back on the road as fast as possible.
Choose Your Replacement Fabric
The first step to replace an RV awning is picking a replacement fabric. When performing an awning replacement it’s important to have a plan as to what fabric you intend to use.
However, with all the different materials and options on the market, it can be hard to choose just one. Great materials to consider for your replacement fabric include vinyl and acrylic. Remember to research your options to help decide what’s best for you!
Gather The Proper Tools
Another thing to help your awning replacement is gathering the right tools ahead of time. There is nothing worse than getting halfway through the process only to realize you don’t have the right size wrench or proper screwdriver to finish everything. Inspect your awning beforehand and determine what you need and lay your tools out ahead of time in a convenient location for later use.
Steps For Awning Replacement
Now that you have your replacement fabric and your tools here are some quick steps to both take out and reinstall your awning.
- Extend your awning out and remove the screws holding the old fabric in place.
- Cut the old fabric both somewhere above the roller and in its grooves to remove it.
- Cut a new slot in the roller allowing for the new fabric to slide in easily.
- Smooth out any sharp edges on the roller to avoid ripping your replacement fabric.
- Once the fabric is oriented properly, slide the plastic piece into the groove on the roller.
- Finally put back in the locking screws and enjoy!
For a more detailed replacement guide visit our website and don’t hesitate to reach out to a professional if you have any questions or concerns. Enjoy your brand new RV awning and get back on the open road!
We Can Help You!
RV Awnings specializes in making awning fabric of the highest standard and offers a variety of options. If you have any further questions or would like to order replacement fabric for your awning, call us today.